Top things to do in Indonesia
- Relax on the Gili Islands (Gili Meno, Gili Air, and Gili Trawangan): Indonesia’s tropical paradise!
- Explore the beautiful seaside cliffs and secluded beaches on Nusa Penida.
- Go chasing waterfalls in the jungle of Bali.
- Walk through the hills of lush green rice terraces in Ubud.
- Climb Mount Rinjani, the second highest volcano in Indonesia.
- See the rare Komodo Dragon on the remote island of Komodo.
Things to know before you go
- Currency | Indonesian Rupiah ($1 USD ~ 15,000 IDR)
- Languages spoken | Indonesian, although most local people also speak English.
- Must try food | Nasi Goreng (fried rice) and Mie Goreng (fried noodles) are the two ubiquitous dishes (and cheap) found all over Indonesia.
- When to go | The best time to visit is during the dry season (April through October). The rainy season typically runs from November through March.
- How to get around | By and large, the most common way to get around is by motorbike. Cars are much less common and renting a car isn’t really an option. Taxis tend to be expensive.
Read more about Indonesia