From the Eastern Shore to the Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia has so much to offer. In just four hours, you can drive from the beach through the rolling hills of the Piedmont to the mountains. There is something for everyone here, from the outdoor enthusiasts to the craft beer connoisseurs.
Top Things to Do in Virginia
- Go brewery hopping in Richmond
- River tube or kayak on the James River
- Take a hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Enjoy a bottle of wine with a view in Charlottesville
- Relax on the beach on the Eastern Shore (we love Cape Charles!)
- Fly high in a hot air balloon over the Blue Ridge
Our Favorite Places in Virginia
- Charlottesville: Gateway to the Blue Ridge Mountains, home of the University of Virginia, and wine-lovers paradise.
- Richmond: Half-hipster, half old-school prep, Richmond boasts an unbeatable craft beer scene and easy access to the James River.
- Roanoke: A small city in western Virginia conveniently located minutes from incredible hiking in the Appalachian Mountains.
- Cape Charles: A charming small beach town on the Eastern Shore, away from the hustle and bustle of Virginia Beach.
- Fauquier/Middleburg/Upperville: Prime wine country nestled among rolling hills in horse country.
- Lake Anna: Large, freshwater lake in central Virginia, located just an hour from Richmond and Charlottesville.